You won’t believe how creamy and cheesy this soup is, and it is completely vegan! This vegan broccoli cheddar soup will for sure fool all your non-vegan friends, and make them realize how easy vegan foods can be made! I let an insta pot do most of the work for me, and all I had to do was blend everything together.
In addition to its amazing flavor, it is also nutrient packed with tons of hidden vegetables. If you have picky eaters in your house, this recipe is for you because all the veggies get blended together so there won’t be any big chunks!
This recipe is perfect for meal prepping, and packing in a thermos for a easy school lunch. I always make a big batch of this and store it in single serving containers so they are easy to grab and go. They will last up to 1 week in the fridge, and 2 months in the freezer.
Key ingredients for this vegan broccoli cheddar soup:
- Vegetable broth
- I like using veggie broth because it adds a little extra flavor compared to water. If you don’t have any on had substitute with water.
- Carrots, Celery, Onion
- This combination of veggies is commonly known as mirepoix. It gives an amazing background flavor to any soup or stew!
- I added one large russet potato to thicken up the soup! It also adds a creamy texture as well!
- This is the star of the show! I chopped up one head of broccoli and threw it into my insta pot!
- I added three whole cloves of garlic to my insta pot because who doesn’t love garlic!
- I love adding cashews to anything cheesy and vegan. It helps the texture become super creamy and makes the soup more filling!
- Nutritional yeast
- This adds the yellow color and cheesy flavor! Do not skip on this or else you will basically only have a vegetable soup.
- Almond milk
- This addition helps add another layer of creaminess instead of using water!
Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Pressure cooker
- 2 carrots
- 1 russet potato
- 2 stalks of celery
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 cup almond milk or any plant milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Chop up the potato, carrots, celery, and onion into large chunks. Then throw them all into the pressure cooker along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything together and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Allow for the pressure cooker to vent naturally for 10 minutes after cooking.
- Remove the lid, and take an immersion blender and blend everything in the pressure cooker.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with some bread or eat it alone!