This little no bake vegan banana cream pie recipe is so cute and even more delicious. I found some ripe bananas sitting on my counter, and I did not want them to go to waste. Instead of making the traditional banana bread I decided to make something a little different!
I like making mini pies because they are much easier to serve and they are so much cuter! This can most definitely be made as a full size pie if you want!
Hod does the filling get thick?
To get the filling thick, I added a tablespoon of cornstarch. The cornstarch thickens up when it is heated up on the stovetop and then when it is chilling in the fridge.
Here are some other vegan desserts on my blog!
- Peppermint brownie cookies
- Almond butter twix bars
- Tahini oatmeal fudge cups
- Healthy cookie dough bites
- Healthy pecan pie cookies
SPON: For the crust I wanted to keep things healthy, crunchy, and easy to make! I recently found out about Bonita Food snack mixes and I have been incorporating these snack in my life everyday! They are so dang delicious! For the crust I mashed up the banana coconut crunch crackers!
Key ingredients for this vegan banana cream pie recipe:
- Bonita Foods Banana coconut cream pies
- This is the key ingredient for the crust!If you can’t get your hands on this then you can use graham crackers (gluten free if needed)
- Gluten free oats
- I added oats to add some more texture to the crust and also help soak up the coconut oil.
- Coconut oil
- I mainly used this to bind the crust together!
- Non-dairy milk
- I choose to use almond milk, but your favorite non dairy milk will work great!
- This recipe does not require a lot of banana so if you have one lonely overripe banana left then this is the perfect recipe!
- I added some sugar because I like things sweet! You can sub with coconut sugar or leave it out since the banana is also a source of sweetness.
- Corn starch
- This helps the filling thicken when it it heated on the stovetop! You can also use tapioca flour or arrowroot starch.
Vegan Banana Cream Pies
- 1 package Bonita Foods banana coconut crunch crackers
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ ripe banana
- ¾ cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Non-dairy whipped cream
- Banana slices
- Start by crushing up the crackers either by hand in a zip lock bag or in a blender. Then in a large bowl combine with the oats and coconut oil.
- Line 6 muffin tin slots and firmly pack the crust at the bottom of the liner. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the banana so there are no large lumps. Then add the milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and corn starch. Whisk till everything is well combined.
- Pour the filling in the sauce pan and mix constantly until the mixture has thickened up. The mixture should coat the back of a spoon without dripping off.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 1 hours.
- When the filling is done chilling, scoop the filling into the muffin tin. Place back into the fridge to chill for another hour.
- Finally top with some whipped cream and a banana slice.