Get ready for another Oreo recipe, but this time in pancake form! The base recipe for these pancakes is one I use all the time! It is made out of almond flour to keep them gluten free. This also happens to be completely vegan! And yes Oreos are vegan (and they have a gluten free version)! I know the kids will love these Oreo pancakes, and it’s packed with nutrients and protein.
Every morning as a kid I would be my mom to make pancakes! She would, but they were the frozen eggo pancakes, so not very nutritious. I packed these pancakes with protein, flax seeds, and almond flour, which has way more nutrients than all purpose flour!
To make these pancakes I used my mini pancake maker from Dash! It makes the perfect shape and cooks really fast! The only down side to this is that you can only make one pancake at a time. So, if you want to make this for a crowd I suggest doing it on a griddle.
Key ingredients for these vegan and gluten free Oreo pancakes:
- Almond flour
- Almond flour is one of my go to gluten free flours because of how soft everything turns out! IT is also more nutrient dense than regular or gluten free all purpose flour!
- Tapioca flour
- Tapioca flour is used in gluten free baking to help keep things together!
- Canned coconut milk
- Do not use the coconut milk from the containers! The pancakes turn out so much fluffier if you use coconut milk from a can!
- Flax egg
- This replaces the egg, but also adds Omega-3 fatty acid and fiber!
- Gluten free Oreos
- Yes there are gluten free Oreos! In my opinion I cannot taste the difference between the gluten free ones and regular one! Don’t be fooled though, these are not healthier than regular Oreos.
- Vegan Greek yogurt
- I used a little bit of this to top my pancakes with! I think it keeps the pancakes moist while eating, and it also adds some extra protein!
Vegan and Gluten Free Oreo Pancakes
- Pancake maker
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 flax egg
- 4 Gluten free Oreos
- ¼ cup protein powder
- 2 tbsp vegan Greek yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, and baking powder.
- Pour in the coconut milk and flax egg. Fold all ingredients together until well combined.
- Chop up 3 Oreos and fold it into the batter.
- Heat up you frying pan or mini pancake maker (this is what I used). Spray with avocado oil then pour the batter onto the surface. Cook until each side of the pancake is golden brown. This usually takes 3 minutes per side.
- Stack the pancakes up and top with some vegan Greek yogurt and the remaining Oreo.