You guys are not going to believe how easy and delicious this monkey bread is! This vegan and gluten free monkey bread makes the perfect dessert or sweet breakfast. This recipe is healthy and only requires a handful of ingredeints.
I decided to make this a single serve recipe because it bakes so much faster and you get it all to yourself! This recipe makes two single serve servings, made in a small ramekin.
This monkey bread recipe will definitely be kid approved and they will be begging for this treat nonstop! It is also really easy to pack away in a tupper ware and take for a lunch or breakfast. I definitely recommend serving this warm, but storming in the fridge so it last longer (if it even makes it that long)!
Key ingredients for this vegan and gluten free monkey bread:
- Gluten free oat flour
- I like to make my own oat flour at home by blending some rolled oats in a high speed blender. I suggest getting it as fine as possible.
- Tapioca flour
- This ingredients helps keep the monkey bread together and improves the squishy texture.
- Almond milk
- I used more milk in the recipe to replace the butter in the dough. This helps reduce the amount of calories in this recipe.
- Maple syrup
- This is my favorite sweetener! I like using this in baked good to help keep the dough moist.
- Coconut sugar
- I like using coconut sugar to replace granulated can sugar! It has a deep rich color and flavor.
- I love cinnamon so I added a lot of this! It is necessary or the cinnamon sugar coating!
- Coconut oil/ coconut cream
- I used coconut oil to help the cinnamon sugar stick to the dough balls. The coconut cream was used as the glaze and it makes the monkey bread super moist as you eat it.
Vegan and Gluten Free Monkey Bread
- 1½ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tbsp tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Cinnamon sugar coating
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
- Next add fold in the oat flour, baking powder, tapioca flour, and salt.
- Make the cinnamon sugar coating by mixing the melted coconut oil with the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Pinch off a piece of the dough and roll it into a ball shape. Then coat it in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Grease a small ramekin and layer the monkey bread balls inside.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes (this could vary by the size of your ramakin)
- Allow to cool slightly before topping with the glaze! Serve warm!