On today’s menu we have a super easy tomato and egg stir fry recipe! Traditionally this dish is served with rice, but since I love noodles I decided that it would make a great sauce.
I use to beg my mom to make this dish almost every single day. That was how obsessed I was with it. This was actually the very first dish l learned how to make because of how easy it is. Whenever I would have to cook for myself growing up this was what I would make!
This dish is so versatile. It can be used as a pasta sauce, topping on toast, served with rice, and even enjoyed on its own. By its self it is a very low calorie and low carb recipe.
Key ingredients for the tomato and egg stir fry noodles:
- If you have any home grown tomatoes on hand then use them now! I used mine from my garden and I think it makes this dish a little extra special! If not any tomatoes will work, even cherry tomatoes!
- I used vital farms eggs. They are pasture raised, meaning the chickens can roam around and eat non-GMO feed! These eggs have a very noticeable taste that is so much better.
- Green onion
- This fresh herd is super important and I definitely do not recommend subbing or leaving it out. The flavor combo of green onions and tomatoes is next level!
- Soy sauce
- A little soy sauce goes a long way in this dish. I recommend pushing the stir fry ingredients to the edge of the pan and pouring the soy sauce directly onto the hot pan so that it can fry up a bit. This adds so much more flavor than pouring it straight into the stir fry.
- The sugar helps balance out the acidity in the tomatoes. Don’t leave this out.
- White pepper and salt
- White pepper is a staple in Chinese cooking! It has a milder flavor compared to black pepper, however if you don’t have any white pepper you can sub with black pepper.
Tomato and Egg Stir Fry Noodles
- 4 large eggs chopped
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 stalks green onion chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Start by whisking up the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Scramble them in a skillet. Set aside.
- Heat up a pot of water and cook the noodles.
- Pour the olive oil in the pan, then throw in the green onion and sauté until fragrant. Now add in the chopped tomatoes, salt, sugar, white pepper, and soy sauce. Cook until the tomatoes are soft. Add the water and let the sauce simmer.
- Now add in the scrambled eggs.
- Serve the tomato and egg sauce with the noodles!