This teriyaki turkey meatball and green beans recipe is so simple and made all in one pot! These meatballs are super juicy and bursting with flavor! Not to mention this recipe is gluten free, paleo and whole 30 approved! I know this recipe will be your next go to weeknight dinner and meal prep recipe!
The key ingredient that makes this recipe so simple is bottled teriyaki sauce! It adds so much flavor to the meatballs, and the green beans soak up all the sauce! I love using one from Primal Kitchen because it is sugar free and made with clean ingredients! You can always use one of your favorite teriyaki sauces!
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or if you need to get dinner on the table quickly! Everything comes together in one pot which makes for easy clean up! I love making this for meal prep as well because the longer the meatballs and green beans sit the more flavor they soak up!
Here are some other easy Asian recipes on my site!
- Chinese chopped tofu salad
- Beef and broccoli stir fry
- Super easy wonton soup
- Ham and potato fried rice
- Panda Express Copycat String Bean Chicken
- Sweet chili baked tofu
Key ingredients for there Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs and Green Beans:
- Green beans
- Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables because they can take on any flavor! Green beans are especially great for this recipe because steaming is a great way to cook green beans!
- Ground Turkey
- Ground turkey is great way to keep recipes lower in fat! you can always sub with ground beef or ground chicken.
- Teriyaki sauce
- This is the star of the show because it makes the recipe so easy and adds a ton of flavor!
- Green onion and garlic
- Green onion and garlic add amazing freshness to the meatballs. They also help flavor the oil before sautéing the green beans!
- Gluten free panko
- The panko bread crumbs help the meatballs stay together and keep the moisture locked in! I like the ones from Aleia’s!
- Water is essential for this recipe because it helps the green beans and ground turkey steam in the pot.
Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs and Green Beans
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ⅔ cup teriyaki sauce I used Primal Kitchen
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 stalk green onions diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup gluten free panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Start by prepping the meatballs by combining the ground turkey, ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce, 1 of the stalks of green onion, 2 of the garlic cloves, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and the panko bread crumbs. Mix until just combined.
- Next use a cookie scoop (or eyeball it) to measure out individual meatball portions. Shape them into spheres.
- Now heat up the olive oil in a large skillet. Add in the remaining green onion and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Now add in the green beans and season with the remaining salt, pepper, and teriyaki sauce.
- Stir fry the green beans for a couple minutes, then place the turkey meatballs on top of the green beans. Add in 2 tbsp of water then cover the pan to allow the meatballs and green beans to steam. Steam for 15-18 minutes.
- Once the meatballs and green beans are done cooking, top with sesame seeds and more green onion. Serve with fresh rice!