If you have never had brussels sprouts or don’t like them, I’m going to need you to try this tahini Dijon brussels sprouts recipe ASAP! I love this recipe so much, and the flavor combination from the sauce makes these brussels sprouts irresistible!
Brussels sprouts are a super easy vegetable to make because all you have to do it chop them in half and put them in the oven. I like to my brussels sprouts from Trader Joe’s because they are already washed and ready to use!
This can also be made into a very easy sheet pan dinner by adding a couple chicken breast or tofu slices. Then the whole meal will be cooked and ready to eat after a quick 20 minutes!
How should I serve and store these?
I typically like to serve these as a side to a protein like chicken or tofu and some kind of carb like rice. To store these I like to keep them in an air tight container, and they will last 3-4 days in the fridge!
Key ingredients for these tahini Dijon Brussels sprouts:
- Brussels sprouts
- I got my brussels sprouts from Trader Joe’s! There are always prepackaged bags in grocery stores that are already washed and ready to use!
- Tahini makes this the sauce super creamy and adds a deep nutty flavor!
- Dijon mustard
- Dijon mustard adds a tangy sharp flavor. Definitely a must!
- Lemon juice
- Adds the perfect amount of zing and freshness to the sauce!
- Apple cider vinegar
- I love adding vinegar to veggies and sauces!
- Agave nectar
- This is definitely a must to balance out all the acidity. You can also sub with maple syrup or honey!
Tahini Dijon Brussles Sprouts
- 20-25 whole brussles sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Juice from ¼ of a lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Start by prepping the brussels spurts by cutting the end off and slicing them in half.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to a lined baking sheet. Drizzle on the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the brussels sprouts are baking make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients under the sauce ingredient group.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and allow them to cook for 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss in the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!