Pasta chips were all the rage during quarantine, but have you every tried stuffed pasta chips? These taco stuffed pasta chips are the best of both worlds: pasta and tacos!
I chose to stuff my jumbo shells with a simple ground beef taco mixture that is oh so delicious! This recipe is super easy to make and comes together is less than 45 minutes!
My favorite way to add flavor to my beef taco mixture is by using onions and peppers! I love that they are a healthy vegetable, and one they are sautéed up they add so much flavor!
Key ingredients for these taco stuffed pasta chips:
- Ground beef
- I used ground beef because I had some sitting in the fridge! You can also sub with ground turkey or chicken!
- Onion and peppers
- I love the flavor that sautéed onions and peppers bring to a recipe. They are super easy to add and bring so much flavor (and veggies too)!
- Taco seasoning
- I used some premade taco seasoning from Siete! It’s my favorite!
- Choose your favorite cheese blend! I used a Mexican blend and mixed it right into my beef mixture.
- Jumbo pasta shells
- This is the star of the show! Make sure to cook them all the way through so that they can crisp up in the air fryer!
Taco Stuff Pasta Chips
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 8 oz ground beef
- ½ small red onion diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Start by brining a pot of water up to a boil. Cook the pasta shells.
- In the mean time make the filling. Add the olive oil to a heated skillet. Add in the onions and red peppers, and saute until softened. Next add in the ground beef and season with the taco seasoning and salt. Finally add in the cheese and cook until it is melted.
- Once the pasta shells are done cooking, drain them and rinse with cold water. fill each pasta shell with the filling and place on air fryer tray. Repeat until all shells are gone.
- Top the shells with some more cheese. Then air fry at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with avocado, tomatoes, and cilantro! Serve with salsa!