If you are a fan of lemon bars and love strawberries, then these vegan and gluten free strawberry lemonade bars were made just for you! I love the combo of strawberries and a fresh citrus like lemon because it reminds me of spring time (which is coming up)! Not to mention these bars are completely vegan and gluten free!
The secret ingredient to making these bars extra lucious is chickpeas! YES chickpeas! I know that may sound weird to some people but trust me you cannot taste them at all and the texture is so creamy! You also get a extra kick of protein!
The best part of this recipe is that it is made all in one blender! It is so easy and any one can do it! My favorite blender is the insta pot ace blender or the domaya blender!
Here are some other vegan and gluten free treat on my blog!
Key ingredients for these strawberry lemonade bars:
- Yes chickpeas! These are honesty one of my favorite ways to use chickpeas. Baking with them adds another level of creaminess while being healthy.
- Apple sauce
- I love adding apple sauce to my baked goods because it adds some natural sweetness and helps keep everything moist.
- Gluten free oat flour
- I like to make my oat flour at home by blending up some gluten free oats. Just make sure that the out flour is very fine.
- Almond butter
- I use almond butter from Trader Joe’s. You want to make sure that the only ingredient in the almond butter is just almond! We don’t need the extra sugar or oil!
- Lemon obviously! This recipe uses both the zest and juice.
- I used three strawberries and diced them up really fine! I also used these for the frosting by blending them up to make a puree.
- Vegan butter
- This is essential for a creamy fronting. Make sure that it is softened (not melted or cold) so that everything incorporates together well.
Strawberry Lemonade Bars
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2½ tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ cup oat flour
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 diced strawberries
- ¼ cup vegan butter softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large blender add all ingredients except for the strawberries. Blend everything until it is nice and smooth. Then mix in the diced strawberries
- Grease a 8×8 baking dish, and pour in the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- In the mean time make the frosting. Whisk together the vegan butter strawberry puree, and powdered sugar. Set aside in the fridge.
- Once the blondies are done baking, let them cool completely. Then top with the frosting and a few lemon sliced.
- Cut and enjoy!