If you are craving a super easy sweet breakfast, than this strawberry banana oat muffins recipe was made for you! This recipe only requires a handful of ingredients, and it is completely gluten free! I love making muffins because they make my mornings and snack time so much easier.
I’ve made so many different variations of oat muffins, and these are up there for one of my favorites! I prefer to use oat flour over any other flour because it makes me think I am eating oatmeal in the morning. Oats are super filling and filled with nutrients and fiber.
Here are some other muffin recipes on my site!
- Savory Breakfast Oat Muffins
- Healthy Oat Muffins 2 Ways
- Gluten Free Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins for Two
- Chocolate Avocado Zucchini Muffins
- Raspberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Key ingredients for these strawberry banana oat muffins:
- I definitely recommend using a banana that has brown spots on the skin, because they are sweeter and easier to mash!
- Gluten free oats
- I like to make my oat flour at home by blending up some gluten free oats. Just make sure that the out flour is very fine.
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- This helps the muffins get a lighter texture. Sometime only using oat flour makes a super dense muffin.
- Almond milk
- Use your favorite plant milk! Make sure it is sugar free, because some plant milks can load up with sugar!
- Baking powder
- This helps the oats get a nice cake like texture.
- Eggs help provide structure, leavening, and richness to the muffins.
- I choose to use butter for this recipes but you can sub with dairy free butter or coconut oil!
- Maple syrup
- I love using maple syrup as a sweetener because it helps bind the muffins together. Agave nectar and honey will work well too.
Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 strawberries diced
- ⅓ cup gluten free all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by preheating your oven to 350F.
- Next take your ripe bananas and mash them up until all the lumps are gone. Mix in the eggs, milk, and maple syrup.
- Once the wet ingredients are incorporated, fold in the oat flour, gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Now gently fold in the diced up strawberries. Set aside.
- Make the crumble by combining the gluten free flour, oat flour, butter, and maple syrup.
- Line a muffin tin then scoop the muffin batter about ¾ of the way full. Top the batter with the crumble mixture.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!