Are you ready for the crispiest nugget recipe ever? I hope so because these spicy rice paper tofu nuggets get so crispy in the air fryer while the tofu gets soft and melts in your mouth! I was really craving something crispy, but I didn’t have any bread crumbs on hand. Then, on the top of my pantry, I saw some rice paper sheets that looked liked they needed to be used!
The cool thing about rice paper is that they are hard and brittle, and they last years in the pantry. However, once it hits some warm water, they become soft and noodle like! This texture is great for the air fryer because it crisps up so easily.
Ad: I used some Dan O’s seasoning to season my tofu! I love that I can use one seasoning to flavor my recipe! Dan O’s is completely gluten free, low sodium, and all natural!
Key ingredients for these spicy rice paper tofu nuggets:
- I used some extra firm tofu! You can also use chicken if you are no vegan!
- Rice paper
- I got the square rice paper from my local Asian market. You can also pick it up on Amazon!
- Dan O’s Seasoning
- YUM! I love this stuff and I put it on almost everything I cook! There is so much flavor that come from one seasoning, and I don’t have to get 5 different spices out of the pantry to season one dish! You my link to get some today, and sign up for the news letter for 15% off!
- Tamari is soy sauce but with out any wheat. It is completely gluten free, but tastes the same.
- I added a bit of this to kick up the spice level!
- Corn starch
- The corn starch helps the sauce get thick and glossy once it has been heated up.
Spicy Rice Paper Tofu Nuggets
- 5 oz tofu cubed
- 1 tbsp Dan O's spicy seasoning
- 20-24 sheets of rice paper halved if necessary
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp siracha
- 1 tsp Dan O's spicy seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Start by cubing up the tofu into 1x1x1" cubes. Then sprinkle on some Dan O's spicy seasoning.
- Cut the rice paper sheets in half. Dip one rice paper sheet in some boiling water and place it on a clean surface. Put one tofu cube near the top of the sheet and fold the rice paper so it covers the tofu.
- Spray the tofu nuggets with some cooking spray. Air fry the tofu nuggets at 350F for 8 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining the ingredients under "sauce". Then microwave it for 30s until a thick glossy consistency.
- Dump the nuggets into a large bowl and coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!