Today we are making a super easy recipe that will make your life so much easier in the morning! I think pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods! They are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks! These freezer pancakes save me so much time, and I love how they stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months. I honestly prefer these freezer pancakes over fresh made pancake mix because they take on a thicker shape and stay extra fluffy.
I got my ice cub tray from amazon, and they are bigger than normal ice cubes. These are usually used for drinks, but I thought it would work better for pancakes 😉 You can also use a smaller ice cube tray and make mini pancakes! Those will take even less time to cook up!
You can totally customize your pancakes to any flavor you like. I decided on blueberry and chocolate chip, but there are endless combinations. Some ideas that I love are lemon poppy seed, pumpkin, double chocolate, and peanut butter! I know kids will love this recipe for a nutritious and filling back to school breakfast!
Key ingredients for freezer pancake mix:
- Pancake mix
- Mix in’s
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Lemon zest and poppy seeds
- Cocoa powder
Shortcut Freezer Pancakes
- 3 servings of you favorite pancake mix
- handful of blueberries
- handful of chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, make your favorite pancake mix according to the box instructions. Or you can use a homemade one as well!
- Scoop about ⅓ of a cup of the pancake mix into each ice cube tray
- Top with the toppings of your choosing.
- When preparing, heat up a skillet aon medium with a spritz of avocado oil. Place the frozen pancake squares in the skillet. Place a lid over top of the skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with some maple syrup or peanut butter!