Today we are making a delicious smoothie bowl for a nutritious breakfast or snack! I was rummaging through my freezer trying to look for ingredients for my smoothie bowl. Then I came across a bag of frozen cauliflower rice. At fist I ignored it, but I suddenly thought it would be a great addition to my morning smoothie bowl. I was pleasantly surprised at how creamy this addition made the smoothie, but don’t worry you cannot taste it at all.
If you struggle getting your veggies in everyday, I highly suggest incorporating more into smoothies. Spinach, kale, and cauliflower are all great options that don’t add any funky flavor! I also love adding a scoop of protein powder and nut butter to get in some protein and healthy fats.
You can also meal prep smoothies the night before if you are worried about waking roommates or kids up in the morning. They stay pretty well in the fridge in an air tight container.
Key ingredients for this secret ingredient smoothie bowl:
- Frozen fruit
- This is totally customizable, to your favorite fruit. I definitely recommend using frozen fruit for smoothie bowls so that the texture is more thick.
- Frozen cauliflower
- This is the secret ingredient that makes the smoothie bowl extra creamy and nutritious.
- Protein powder
- I like using vanilla protein powder for my smoothie bowl, because the flavor does not over power the fruit! Use your favorite kind! I use this one from Orgain!
- Almond milk
- You can also use water, but I like the touch of creaminess that plat milk adds.
Secret Ingredient Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- ½ frozen banana
- 6 frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup frozen cauliflower rice
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- freeze dried strawberries
- chia seeds
- nut butter
- In a high speed blender add the banana, strawberries, cauliflower rice, almond milk, and protein powder.
- Blend until everything is nice and creamy. You can add more almond milk if you want to make this a smoothie instead of a smoothie bowl.
- Transfer the smoothie to a bowl, and top with your favorite toppings!