Overnight oats are one of my favorite ways to enjoy oats! It is so easy to prepare and easier to grab and go in the morning. Since it’s fall I thought a pumpkin spice overnight oats recipe was necessary for your breakfast menu! Overnight oats also make a great snack for a midday pick me up.
When it comes fall time, I always buy a big bag of pumpkin pie spice so I can bake endless pumpkin flavored treats. You can also make a batch of this stuff by mixing some cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice!
I liked to load my overnight oats with tons of nutritious ingredients like chia seeds and protein powder so I know I’m eating a healthy and filling breakfast! The night before, I usually make 3-4 servings worth and separate them out into individual tupperware containers. I topped mine with some vegan yogurt and peanut butter because I can’t eat anything without peanut butter!!
Key ingredients for pumpkin spice overnight oats
- Gluten free rolled oats
- gluten free oats means they are not processed on any machinery that also processes ingredients containing gluten. I love using the ones from Bob’s Red Mill!
- Stock up on pumpkin puree because pumpkin flavored treats are the best! Once fall season is over it is difficult to find in stores!
- Almond milk
- This is my go to choice in plant milk, but use your favorite!
- Pumpkin pie spice
- This is a delicious blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice!
- Chia seeds
- Chia seeds add healthy fats, fiber, and omega-3s!
- Protein powder
- I think adding protein powder adds flavor, sweetness, and obviously a good dose of protein! I used vegan vanilla protein powder. Here are some of my favorites: Orgain, Vital Proteins, Primal Kitchen, Purely Inspired.
Pumpkin Spice Over Night Oats
- 1⅓ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Vegan yogurt
- Peanut butter
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together except for the toppings.
- Divide into 4 equal portion, and place into individual containers.
- Let it thicken in the fridge overnight,
- Top with the toppings in the morning and enjoy!