Can you guys believe that the first day of Fall is only 2 weeks away? I can’t, but I am so excited because fall is by far my favorite season! One of my all time favorite parts about fall is all the fall flavored treats, especially pumpkin spice! These pumpkin spice latte donuts are a must when baking this fall. They are completely gluten free, and serve as a great breakfast or dessert!
I’m from Colorado and I think this state has one of the prettiest fall seasons. I love when the leaves start changing color and the weather starts to cool down.
Key Ingredients for these pumpkin spice latte donuts:
- Almond flour
- I love making donuts using almond flour! It gives such a dense and squishy texture.
- Pumpkin puree
- I used canned pumpkin puree, however you can also use homemade if that is something you have on hand! It is pretty easy to find pumpkin puree in store this time of year!
- I know this makes these donuts not vegan, but I think eggs really help the texture of the donuts be soft and moist. If you are vegan you can use some egg replacer from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Cashew butter
- I always choose cashew butter or almond butter in my baking because it has a subtle flavor compared to penult butter.
- Coconut sugar
- This is by far my favorite granulated sweetener! It has a rich nutty flavor as well as a deep caramel color! I used this both in the donuts and the frosting.
- Tapioca flour
- This guy helps the donuts stay together. It is a key ingredients in helping gluten free baked goods bind together. Arrowroot starch will also work.
- Pumpkin pie seasoning
- Don’t skip on this ingredients. It is where all the pumpkin spice flavor come from! You can make a this spice blend at home with some cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- I know cinnamon is already in the pumpkin spice, however, I love cinnamon so I added a little extra!
- Instant coffee
- This is where the latte flavor comes in to play. I grinded up the instant coffee as fine as I could to make sure there are no chunks of instant coffee in the donuts.
- Ohhhh I love ghee! It is shelf stable butter that has the milk protein removed from it. I get mine from Organic Valley!
- Maple syrup
- I used some maple syrup in the frosting to make it a maple glaze!
Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Ghee or butter
- ¼ cup powdered coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl crack in 3 eggs, then add the pumpkin puree, cashew butter, almond milk, and coconut sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Next, fold in the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, instant coffee, and salt. Fold in with the wet ingredients.
- Pour the batter into some greased doughnut pans. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, make the glaze. Mix together the ghee, powdered coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Allow for the donuts to cool completely before topping them with the glaze. Add some chopped walnuts, pecans, and a dash of cinnamon.