Today is a great day because I have another pumpkin recipe for you guys! This pumpkin pie donut cereal is by far one of my favorite cereal recipes I’ve made to date! It is completely vegan and gluten-free, and makes a perfect, healthy breakfast!
I will say that it takes a little bit of time to prep the mini donuts, because you have to roll out each cereal piece and poke a hole through it. If you don’t have time to do all that, and you don’t care about looks, you can just pinch off pieces of the dough and place it on a baking sheet! I made these while watching some Netflix, so the time passed very fast!
I decided I wanted to top my donut cereals with a sweet glaze, however that is totally optional if you want to keep the sugar out. I used powdered sugar and almond milk, but you can use any powdered sweetener have your choice! Monk fruit sweetener from Lakanto is a great option!
Key ingredients for pumpkin pie donut cereal:
- Gluten free oat flour
- I usually make my own oat flour by blending up some gluten free oats! To me it is easier and cheaper to do this at home.
- Almond butter
- This helps the chewy texture of the cereal! I like almond butter because it does not over power the pumpkin flavor like peanut butter would.
- Maple syrup
- I added a touch of maple syrup to sweeten things up a little. If you want this sugar free then leave it out!
- Pumpkin puree
- Well obviously!
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Don’t skip on this ingredients. It is where all the pumpkin spice flavor come from! You can make a this spice blend at home with some cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Powdered sugar
- I used real powdered sugar because that was what I had on hand, but you can totally sub with your favorite powdered sweetener!
Pumpkin Donut Cereal
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
- Then fold in the oat flour, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Once the dough has formed, pinch off a small piece and roll into a ball shape. Place it on a lined baking sheet and flatten it slightly.
- Once all the cereal pieces on placed on the baking sheet, take a chop stick or tooth pick and make a hole in the center.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
- To make the glaze whisk together the almond milk and powdered sugar.
- Allow the cereal to cool before drizzling on the glaze.
- Finally toss into a bowl and serve with your favorite plant milk!