Today we are making a delectable treat! Peanut butter cup stuffed cookies! This cookie recipe might be my favorite one I’ve made to date! They are so soft and melt in your mouth at the first bite. If you’re a lover of peanut butter cups then this recipe will be perfect for you!
For the peanut butter cup I used some Justin’s Organic Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. These are completely vegan and gluten free, and they taste amazing! If you aren’t vegan then go ahead and indulge on some Reese’s peanut butter cups!
I whipped these cooking up in well under an hour! They are super easy to make, and don’t take long to bake as well. If you are really short on time them don’t stuff the cookies with a peanut butter cup. Instead stick a whole one on top right when they come out of the oven!
Other cookie recipe?
Craving more cookie recipes? Well here you go!
Key ingredients for there Peanut butter cup stuffed cookies:
- Almond flour
- This is my favorite gluten free flour to use for cookies! If takes on as super soft texture that melt in your mouth!
- Peanut butter
- This is by far my favorite nut butter! I used an unsalted, no added sugar peanut butter. If you use a salted version, do not add additional salt to the dough. You can totally sub with any other nut or seed butter as well!
- Maple syrup
- I love using maple syrup in gluten free baking because it helps keep the baked goods together! I also love the maple flavor.
- Coconut oil
- This is optional but highly recommended because it contributes the super moist and soft texture. If you do not use any coconut oil, sub with peanut butter.
- Peanut butter cups
- I used Justin’s Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups because they are vegan, but use whatever your hear desires!
Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Now add in the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold until everything is well combined.
- Unwrap the peanut butter cups and set aside. Roll the peanut butter cookie dough into a large ball shape, then flatten it out. Place a peanut butter cup in the center of the dough and fold the dough around it until all the seams are closed.
- Place the cookies on a lines baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow for the cookies to cool slightly then add half of a peanut butter cup to the top! Enjoy!