On todays docket we have some delicious and nutritious peanut butter breakfast cookies! these are so easy to make and takes less than 25 minutes! In addition to how easy they are to make, they are also vegan and gluten free! I love these cookies because they make a filling breakfast, a sweet snack, or a satisfying dessert.
Are there cookies healthy?
Well it depends on your definition of healthy. In my opinion yes, these peanut butter cookies are healthy because they are made with whole ingredients and low amounts of unrefined sugar. Be cautious about the peanut butter though. Some peanut butter can be filled with inflammatory oils and sugar! Most of the time those peanut butter are the cheaper no stir ones ones.
How do I store these peanut butter breakfast cookies?
I store these cookies in the fridge so that they can last me all week for breakfast! They can also be stored in the freezer for up to two months and warmed up in the microwave.
What are some other breakfast options?
- Breakfast potstickers
- Olive oil matcha cake
- Chocolate hazelnut protein cake
- Pumpkin spice overnight oats
- Apple crisp baked oats
- Vegan and gluten free Oreo pancakes
Key ingredients for these peanut butter breakfast cookies:
- Egg or flax egg
- I choose to use a regular egg since I’m not vegan! If you are vegan or don’t want to use an egg sub with 1 tbsp of flax meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp of water.
- Peanut butter
- Definitely my favorite ingredient (and favorite food)! You can also sub with almond butter or sun butter with great results.
- Maple syrup
- I love using maple syrup as a sweetener because it helps bind the cookies together. Agave nectar and honey will work well too.
- Gluten free oats
- I tend to buy a big bag of gluten-free oats, then make my own oat flour using a spice grinder or a high speed blender. Just make sure that the flour is super fine
- Coconut shreds
- I added these for some extra flavor!
- Flax seed meal
- This helps bind the ingredients together as well as add some more nutrients!
Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- 1 egg or flax egg
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- ⅓ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Next fold in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the cookies dough using a cookie scoop onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.