When I made these superfood brownies for the first time they were gone the same day! Since then I’ve made them multiple times after and each time they did not disappoint! These brownies are packed full of nutritious ingredients and they are insanely easy to make!
I love that these brownies require no baking, only some chill time in the fridge! I will say that these brownies don’t take on the same texture as the traditional kind. They are chewier and better served cold!
My favorite part about these brownies are that they give me so much energy in the morning or as a when I need a pick me up before a workout! They are easy to pack on the go and grab whenever!
Here are some other no bake recipes on my blog!
Ingredients Included in These Superfood Brownies:
- Chia seeds
- Chia seeds are a great source of Omega-3’s, fiber, vitamins, minerals, protein, and antioxidants! These little guys are punched full of nutrients!
- Cocoa powder
- Cacoa powder is made from the dried seeds of a chocolate plant! They are also one of the highest sources of magnesium on the planet! IT also is full of antioxidants, calcium, zinc, copper and selenium.
- Medjool dates are a great energy source! They are also filled with iron, vitamins, minerals, and fiber!
- Walnuts are considered a super food because they are loaded with Omega-3’s, fiber, and one of the highest concentrations of antioxidants!
- Hemp seeds
- Hemp seeds are filled with potassium, phosphorus and magnesium!
- Dark chocolate
- Yes dark chocolate is considered a super food! They are full of antioxidants with a ton of minerals like iron, magnesium, and copper!
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate vegan
- 2 oz dark chocolate vegan
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Flaky salt
- Start by adding the dates and walnuts to a food processor and process until a rough paste has formed.
- Next add in the chia seeds, coconut shreds, coconut oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, and hemp seeds. Pulse 10-15 times to combine.
- Finally, add in the dark chocolate and dried cranberries. Pulse 2-3 times to combine.
- Press the mixture into a loaf pan and place into the fridge to chill.
- In the mean time make the chocolate topping. Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave.
- Take the loaf pan out of the fridge (it's ok if it's only been 10 minutes). Pour the chocolate mixture on top then sprinkle on some flaky salt and cranberries.
- Chill for 2 hours, then cut up and serve!