These mini no bake pumpkin pies will save you so much time, and won’t take up any oven space you may need for other recipes. Don’t worry the filling still turns out luscious, creamy, and oh so delicious.
Traditional pumpkin pie can be a hassle especially if you are making homemade pie dough! It can take almost an hour to bake, and sometimes we don’t have time for that! I love this recipe because it is great to make ahead of time (even days before), and then whip it out of the fridge when it is time to serve.
“Graham Cracker” Crust
Instead of using the sugar filled traditional graham crackers, I found some Sweet Thin honey Cinnamon crackers from Simple Mills that is made with minimal ingredients and taste amazing! On an even better note this crust is completely gluten free and naturally sweetened with dates. The dates help the crust stick together since there will be on baking to aid that process.
Key ingredients for these mini no bake pumpkin pies:
- The egg helps the filling become thick and extra creamy! If you are vegan you can try subbing with a flax egg, although I have not tried that out yet.
- Corn starch
- The cornstarch is the main ingredients to thicken up the filling. Once cornstarch warms up it creates a thick glossy texture.
- Obviously necessary for PUMPKIN pie! You can make this from scratch, or buy the stuff from the can! Just make sure that it is not the pumpkin pie filling because that is laded with sugar already.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin pie spice is a delicious blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice!
- Coconut sugar
- This is by far my favorite granulated sweetener! It has a rich nutty flavor as well as a deep caramel color! I used this both in the donuts and the frosting.
- Simple Mills Sweet Thins
- I used these to replace graham crackers! These are a great gluten free option that has way healthier ingredients!
- I used dates to help sweeten the crust as well as use it as glue to keep the crust together.
- Coconut oil
- This helps the crust stick together!
Mini No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3½ tbsp corn starch
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cup almond milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 120 g Simple Mills Honey Cinnamon Sweet Thins
- 5 medjool dates
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Dairy free whipped topping
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
- In a blender, blend the sweet thins in to fin granules. Remove from blender.
- Blend the dates and coconut oil until a smooth paste forms. Then add in the blended sweet things, and mix with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- In a pot on medium heat, whisk together the corn starch, sugar, and salt. Then incorporate the pumpkin, almond milk, and vanilla extract. The mixture should start to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat when the filling is thick (8 minutes).
- Allow the filling to cool for 2 hours.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Press the crust down into each liner. Then fill the muffin time with the pumpkin pie filling. Allow to cool for an additional 2 hours or until its time to serve,
- Top with dairy free whipped cream and cinnamon!