Eggs have become a staple breakfast item for me when I am craving something savory! Often times I’m running out the door in the morning and these loaded egg bites work perfects as a grab and go item. These can be prepped at the beginning of the week, which makes mornings that much easier!
I loved quiches when I was growing up, but sometimes we don’t need the extra crust and the heavy half and half. This recipe is low carb and high in protein, so it is perfect for weight loss or fitness goals!
I like to stuff my egg bites with as many fix in as I can. I mainly go for vegetables but I also like throwing in some sort fo protein as well! This time I went with some spinach, tomatoes, red onion, and Canadian bacon! However, there are limitless options like peppers, mushrooms, potatoes, bacon, sausage, cheese…
Here are some other yummy breakfast items!
Key ingredients for these loaded egg bites:
- Obviously need eggs for egg bites! However, my preferred eggs are definitely pasture raised eggs from Vital Farms. The yolks take on a much deeper color and they are more nutritious (and taste better) than conventional eggs.
- I used 2% milk but you can sub with skim, whole, or dairy free milk. This is essential because it helps the egg bites become dense and not full of air.
- I went simple here and used salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- I choose to add spinach, tomatoes, onions, and Canadian bacon.
Loaded Egg Bites
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup milk whole, 2%, skim, or dairy free
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 small tomato
- ¼ red onion
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 6-8 slices Canadian bacon
- Top with cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Next fold in the tomatoes, spinach, onion, and Canadian bacon.
- Grease a muffin tin and pour in the egg mixture about ¾ of the way full. Top with cheese.
- Bake the Egg bites for 18-20 minutes. Then finished with broiling the top on high for 1 minute.