Do you love key lime pies? I certainly do, however pies can sometimes be a hassle to make. These key lime pie cookies are the best of both worlds! You get the key lime flavor all in a delicious cookie that only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish! This recipe is super simple and straightforward, even if you aren’t a super confident baker, you’ll be sure to impress with cookies.
I love using any kind citrus in my baking because it adds another level of freshness to my recipes. I also love adding a dash of lime zest on the top for garnish and a little extra zing to each bite. While the cookies are baking make your glaze with some powdered sugar, lime juice and lime zest! Its really that easy! Now, I know powdered sugar is not the healthiest option, but it makes a delicious glaze. There are some sugar free powdered sugar options out there that can be great substitutes if necessary. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before topping them with the glaze, or else the glaze will get soaked into the cookies. You’re going to love just how soft and tender these cookies are when they are ready to serve!
Key ingredients for key lime pie cookies
- Almond flour
- I love using almond flour in my cookie recipes. My cookies always turn out so chewy, and that is my favorite texture.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut oil is a must for a moist and chewy cookie!
- Maple syrup
- Maple syrup is my favorite liquid sweetener! I would suggest agave as a substitute, but not honey for this recipe. The honey will add a strong flavor that may over power the lime flavor.
- Lime juice
- Lime juice helps with the lime flavor and also interacts with the baking soda to help activate it!
- Lime zest
- This is the most important part to getting that lime flavor! However, a little can go a long way so make sure to not add too much!
- Vanilla extract
- This is definitely a must to bring all the flavors together! I love adding vanilla to any of my baking recipes.
- Powdered sugar
- This might not be the healthiest ingredient to use, but I love the texture it provides to the glaze. There are definitely other sugar free options for powdered sugar. I’ve had success with Lakanto’s Monk Fruit sweetener!
Key Lime Pie Cookies
- 2 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Preheat over to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, line juice, lime zest, and vanilla extract. Mix until all the wet ingredients are well combined.
- To the large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt.Fold the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
- Scoop the dough into balls and flatten. Place onto a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the glaze. Combine the powderedsugar, lime juice and lime zest.
- *Important* Allow for the cookies to cool completely before topping them with the glaze. If you do not wait for the cookies to cool, the icing will be absorbed by the cookies.
- Finish with the cookies with some fresh lime zest!