Get ready for today’s recipe because it is a super easy recipe that requires little effort and time! All you have to do it throw everything into a insta-pot and let it do the work! You will not be disappointed in this sesame chicken recipe!
If you don’t have an insta-pot you can cook the chicken in a pan and make the sauce in a separate pot. Then add the chicken to the sauce and mix it together. This way is still super easy, however, it requires more attention.
Why use a pressure cooker?
There are so many fun and easy recipes you can make in a pressure cooker! It is truly my favorite kitchen gadget because it makes my life so much easier! It is very similar to a slow cooker, but it reduces the time significantly! I love throwing a bunch of ingredients into the pot and letting the pressure cooker do all the work.
I love serving my sesame chicken with rice, and the insta pot can whip out some rice under 25 minutes! Basically this whole recipe (and many others) can be made with one kitchen gadget!
Key Ingredients for the sesame chicken recipe:
- I used chicken breast, however, chicken thighs are a great option too. I cubed the chicken into 1 inch cubes, but you can also throw in whole chicken breasts and then shred them when they are done cooking.
- Soy sauce
- This is the main ingredient for the sauce! It adds a salty umami flavor that is necessary for this recipe!
- This is kind of a unconventional ingredient when it comes to sesame chicken. However, I think it add a delicious sweet/salty flavor to the dish! I love using this one from Primal Kitchen because there is not added sugar or artificial ingredients.
- Honey is a famous sweetener in Chinese cooking! I love the sweetness it brings to the sesame chicken.
- Garlic and ginger
- Never forget these two ingredient in Chinese cooking. They complete the trifecta along with scallion for the base ingredients to make any Chinese dish amazing!
- Sesame Seeds
- An obvious ingredient for SESAME chicken!
Insta Pot Sesame Chicken
- Pressure cooker
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ inch grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp siracha
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion
- Start by cutting the chicken breast into 1 inch cubes.
- Set the pressure cooker to the sauté function. Add the sesame oil and sauté the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add the diced chicken and sauté until the chicken develops a golden brown exterior. The chicken does not need to be all the way cooked at this point.
- Turn the sauté function off, then add the soy sauce, honey, ketchup, and siracha to the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook the chicken on high for 4 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done top with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve with brown rice!