If you are craving some banana bread and want it ASAP, then this recipe was made for you! It takes less than 10 minutes until it’s ready, and probably less time to finish it all! I love this recipe because it satisfies my sweet tooth, and I get the whole thing to myself! It works perfectly for a quick nutritious breakfast before school or work! The other good thing about this recipe is that it can all be made with the microwave, so it will be perfect for students in a dorm with no oven or stovetop burner.
The base recipe includes oat flour almond milk, baking powder, and salt. You can combine all these ingredients and add whatever flavoring you want. The next ones I want to try are blueberry vanilla or double chocolate chip! You can totally customize this recipe to whatever you want!
Key ingredients for this single serve banana bread
- I definitely recommend using a banana that has brown spots on the skin, because they are sweeter and easier to mash! Since this recipe as no added the sugar you want to maximize the sweetness you get from the banana!
- Almond milk
- I like to use almond milk instead of water because it adds a creamier texture to the banana bread. Any plant milk will work here.
- Oat flour
- I usually just bled up some old fashioned oats because it is way cheaper than buying some oat flour at the store! If you do blend them up make sure it is a pretty fine power. I like to use gluten free oats from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Baking powder
- This is the ingredient that makes the banana bread fluff up in the microwave!
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
Healthy Single Serve Banana Bread
- 1 ripe banana
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Chocolate chips (vegan)
- Walnuts chopped
- First start by mashing up your ripe banana in a microwave safe bowl.
- Then pour in the almond milk and stir until everything is well combined.
- Add in the oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold that in with the wet ingredients until there are no more visible lumps.
- Top the batter with some vegan chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Microwave in 30s intervals for 90s.