Who is ready for another pumpkin spice recipe? I sure am, and I will never get sick of it! These healthy pumpkin spice little bites are the perfect on the go snack or breakfast! It is so fun making mini versions of things because they are so cute and easy to pop in your mouth!
This recipe is totally gluten free and vegan. Instead of using flour I used gluten free oat flour! I think oat flour is my favorite gluten free flour to bake with (along with almond flour) because the texture is extra squishy and soft!
Here are some other pumpkin recipes on my blog:
- Pumpkin spice overnight oats
- Pumpkin peanut butter cups
- Pumpkin pie donut cereal
- Pumpkin Spice latter donut cereal
Key ingredients for these healthy pumpkin spice little bites:
- Gluten free oats
- I always have a giant tub of gluten free oats in my pantry because I have oats at least once a day! It is also super easy to make your own oat flour, so I don’t think it’s necessary to buy a separate oat flour! All you have to do is blend some oats in a high speed blender until it is a fine powder.
- Pumpkin puree
- Obviously necessary for PUMPKIN muffins! You can make this from scratch, or buy the stuff from the can! Just make sure that it is not the pumpkin pie filling because that is laded with sugar already.
- Coconut oil
- This helps the muffins stay moist as they bake, and acts a binding ingredient when making the batter,
- Maple syrup and coconut sugar
- I choose to use two types of sweetener because too much of one would affect the consistency of the batter!
- Flax egg
- This replaces an egg to keep this recipe vegan. All you have to do is mix 2 tablespoons of flax seed meal and 6 tablespoons of water. Then let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- This is a delicious blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice!
- Vegan cream cheese
- I love pairing pumpkin and cream cheese together. Now a days the vegan cream cheese selection is great! I like using the one from Kite Hill the best!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Little Bites
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water
- ½ cup plant milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz softened vegan cream cheese
- 4 oz powdered sugar
- 1 tsp plant milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare flax egg. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Then fold in the dry ingredients with the wet until all lumps are mixed through.
- Fill the mini muffin tin (or regular muffin tin) with the batter. Bake the mini muffins for 8 minutes, or regular muffins for 25 minutes.
- While the muffins are baking make the frosting by mixing the vegan cream cheese, plant milk, and powdered sugar together. Make sure the cream cheese is a room temperature! Chill in the fridge.
- Allow for the muffins to cool, then top with the frosting. Sprinkle on a dash on cinnamon on the top to finish!