Monster cookies might be my favorite cookies because it incorporates everything I love into one cookie! I also love it because you can put in whatever you like and leave out whatever you don’t. These healthy flourless monster cookies are made with minimal ingredients with no oil or flour.
Instead of using oil I subbed it with a mashed up banana. There is a slight banana flavor, so if you don’t like bananas then I would recommend a different substitute like apple sauce or sweet potato puree.
These cookies make a great dessert, snack or even breakfast! They are easy to pack on the go, or grab on your way out the door! I store mine in the fridge so they last me throughout the week!
Key ingredients for there healthy flourless monster cookies:
- Gluten free oats
- I get a lot of questions what the difference between gluten free oats and regular oats. The answer is that gluten free oats are not processed on machines that also process gluten products! I love getting mine from Bob’s Red Mill!
- Bananas are a great way to sub out oil or eggs! Sometimes the downside is that there is some residual banana flavor. Personally, I love the flavor, but if you are not a fan I recommend subbing with apple sauce or sweet potato puree.
- Coconut sugar
- I love using coconut sugar because it is a natural sweetener that is lower on the glycemic index compared to regular cane sugar. This means it does not spike your blood sugar as much!
- Peanut butter
- Definitely my favorite ingredient (and favorite food)! You can also sub with almond butter or sun butter with great results.
- Mix in’s
- I loaded my cookies with a bunch of different mix in’s like M&Ms, chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut! There are endless mix in’s you can add! Get creative!
Healthy Flourless Monster Cookies
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 banana mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ M&Ms and more to top
- ¼ Mini chocolate chips
- ¾ coconut shreds
- ¼ chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl mash up the banana then add in the remaining wet ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and what ever mix in you want to include.
- Scoop the batter onto a lined baking sheet, and top with some more M&Ms.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes.