Have you ever had those famous Little Debbies Cosmic brownies? If you have you know how delicious they are, but also how bad they are for you. This cosmic brownie cereal is both delicious and nutritious so that you get a filling breakfast in the morning.
Not to mention, these cosmic brownies are completely vegan and gluten free for all my allergen sensitive people out there! These are perfect for a quick breakfast, late night snack, or post workout meal!
Here are some other vegan and gluten free treats on my site:
Key ingredients for this cosmic brownie cereal:
- Oat flour
- I like to make my oat flour at home by blending up some gluten free oats. Just make sure that the out flour is very fine.
- Almond flour
- I like using almond flour because it adds some nutrients and helps keep the cereal dense and moist.
- Chocolate protein powder
- Cocoa powder
- I used Anthony’s unsweetened cocoa powder and it is one of my favorites. I recommend using unsweetened so you can control the sweetness and what kind of sweetener.
- Coconut sugar
- This is by far my favorite granulated sweetener. It adds a deep nutty flavor, and it is also lower on the glycemic index. That means this sweetener will not spike your blood sugar as much as cane sugar.
- Flax egg
- This is my preferred vegan replacement for an egg. All it is is 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2½ tbsp water. It gets thick as it sits.
- Chocolate chips
- I love using Lily Sweet’s dark chocolate chips. They are vegan and sugar free!
- Almond milk
- Almond milk helps combine the dough together, and it also helps the melted chocolate take on a thicker, denser consistency.
Cosmic Brownie Cereal
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2½ tbsp water
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make flax egg by mixing together 1 tbsp flax seed meal and 2.5 tbsp of water. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, add in the almond milk, flax egg, and vanilla.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, then roll the dough into small dime sized balls. Flatten each ball into a disk then bake for 10-13 minutes.
- In the meantime make the chocolate ganache by melting the vegan chocolate. Then pour in the almond milk while whisking simultaneously.
- Once the cereal is done baking, let it cool completely. Then top with the ganache and some large sprinkles!
- Serve with almond milk!