Yes this is THE Gordon Ramsey’s vegan bacon recipe! I wouldn’t quite call it exactly the same as normal bacon but it does have a nice crunch and protein aspect. All the other vegan bacon recipe use carrots or just rice paper, and those do not have any protein at all! I love that this recipe includes some tofu!
When I saw this recipe floating around TikTok I knew I had to make it! It is a super simple recipe, however it can get tedious trying to cut all the rice paper into strips and dipping them into the marinade. I had some Netflix playing in the background so I didn’t get as bored!
These vegan bacon strips turned out so crispy! I served mine on breakfast sandwich and I think it would work wonders in my loaded breakfast quesadilla recipe (but leave out the egg)! They definitely add a nice smoky/ salty flavor!
Key ingredients for Gordon Ramsey’s Vegan Bacon:
- Rice Paper
- This is a must have for this recipe! I got mine at the Asian Market, but you can also get them on Amazon!
- I used about 1/3 of a 10 oz package of extra firm tofu! You can also crumble up the whole cube of tofu and use the rest as breakfast “sausage”.
- Smoked paprika
- This is where the smoked bacon flavor comes from! This recipe will not turn out the same if you use regular paprika.
- Nutritional yeast
- This ingredient helps with the nutty, salty flavor of the bacon.
- Soy sauce
- Soy sauce helps intensify the flavor, but its main role is to get the deep rich color!
- Maple syrup
- Just a touch of sweetness to balance all the salty out.
- This is optional, but I like a little spice so I added some to my marinade. I also think it helps with the red color!
Gordon Ramsey’s Vegan Bacon
- 5 oz tofu crumbled up
- 20 1 inch wide rice paper strips
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp siracha
- Start by preheating the oven to 400F.
- Combine all the ingredients under the marinade ingredients tab.
- Crumble up the tofu into very small pieces. Add about 2 tbsp of the marinade to the tofu.
- Dip 2 rice paper strip into the marinade, then lay one on a wire rack. Add a layer of tofu onto the piece of rice paper, then layer on the other piece of rice paper. Repeat this step for the remaining rice paper and tofu.
- Bake the bacon at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a breakfast sandwich, omelet, or enjoy on its own!