Muffins are one of my favorite breakfast foods, but sometimes they are not the healthiest with all the sugar and low quality flour. These gluten free orange poppy seed muffins are completely refined sugar free and made with gluten free oats and almond flour! They are healthy, delicious, and oh so easy to make.
Muffins make the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack option. Whenever I have a busy week coming up I always find ways to prep my meals. Muffins are always my go to because they are easy to make, and they satisfy my sweet tooth in the morning!
Here are some other gluten free treats on my site!
- Healthy Flourless Monster Cookies
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
- Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Cake
- Vegan and Gluten Free Monkey Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffin
Key ingredients for these orange poppy seed muffins:
- Gluten free oat flour
- I like to make my oat flour at home by blending up some gluten free oats. Just make sure that the out flour is very fine.
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut sugar is my favorite granulated sugar because of its deep color and flavor.
- Maple syrup
- I love using maple syrup as a sweetener because it helps bind the cookies together. Agave nectar and honey will work well too.
- Orange juice and zest
- I love the fresh flavor from the orange juice and zest! The next best sub is to use a lemon or orange extract.
- Greek yogurt
- I recently started adding Greek yogurt to my muffins because it keeps the muffins extra moist and squishy. If you want this dairy free then use some dairy free yogurt.
Gluten Free Orange Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1½ cups gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Juice of half a naval orange
- Zest of half a naval orange
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Start by combining all the wet ingredient in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Next fold in the all the dry ingredients. Make sure everything is well combined.
- Line a muffin tin, then scoop the batter ¾ way full into each muffin slot.
- Bake for 20 minutes.