These gluten free blueberry muffins are the most delicious breakfast or snack! I guarantee that you will not notice that these muffins are gluten free and vegan! I love that this recipe only makes two because it is perfect for someone that wants a small batch of muffins!
I love this recipe because it works well as a base recipe for a bunch of different gluten free muffins. You can sub with basically any berry, nuts, or chocolate chips!
Here are some other gluten free baked goods on my blog!
- Sugar cookie baked oats
- Gingerbread baked oats
- Gluten free banana bread
- Peanut butter breakfast cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate swirl bread
Can I size up and make a big batch?
Of course! You can multiply the recipe by 3 or 6 to get 6 or 12 muffin! These are great for a quick on the go breakfast especially if you make them ahead of time!
Key ingredients for these gluten free blueberry muffins for two:
- Gluten free flour blend
- I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour! I also love the one from King Arthur.
- Flax egg
- This replaces an egg to keep this recipe vegan. All you have to do is mix 1 tablespoons of flax seed meal and 2.5 tablespoons of water. Then let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Almond milk
- I used more milk in the recipe to replace some of the butter in the dough. This helps reduce the amount of calories in this recipe.
- Vegan butter
- I like the flavor of vegan butter better than coconut oil, however both work great!
- Coconut sugar
- This is by far my favorite granulated sweetener! It has a rich nutty flavor as well as a deep caramel color! I used this both in the donuts and the frosting.
- Frozen or fresh both work great!
- Sliced almonds
- I topped my muffins with some sliced almonds to add a nice crunch!
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins for Two
- ¾ cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp flax seed meal + 2½ tbsp water
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond milk, vanilla extract, vegan butter, flax egg and coconut sugar.
- Then add in the gluten free flour blend, baking soda, and salt. Mix everything until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Grease two ramekins and pour the batter into them. Top with additional blueberries and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly then enjoy!