These crispy sun dried tomato chicken tacos are so easy to make and are incredibly delicious! They are topped with a creamy and delicious roasted red pepper and sun-dried tomato sauce! This recipes makes for the perfect week night dinner and lunch for the next day!
Normally when I make tacos, I build the tacos then immediately eat them. This time I was craving something crispy, so I decided to build my tacos, spritz them with some olive oil, and bake them in the oven until they were golden brown. I used almond flour tortillas from Siete, and they get so crispy in the oven!
Here are some other quick and easy chicken recipes:
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Panda Express Copycat String Bean Chicken
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Insta Pot Sesame Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
Not to mention these tacos make a perfect meal prep, however they do lose their crispiness in the fridge. You can always crisp them up in the air fryer or oven again, but honestly they are still delicious heated up in the microwave.
Key ingredients for these Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Tacos:
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Sun dried tomatoes are my new favorite ingredient to use in my simple recipes. They add so much flavor with each bite. I like to use the oil to cook my chicken or veggies to add some extra flavor!
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Mozzarella cheese pairs perfectly with the sun dried tomato flavor! I used the shredded kind, but I definitely recommend the fresh kind if you can get your hands on some.
- I always try and find a way to sneak some veggies into whatever recipes I am making. The spinach pairs perfectly with the flavors.
- I decided to cook up some chicken breast in the oven, but you can always use leftover chicken, pre-packaged cooked chicken, or rotisserie chicken.
- Almond flour tortillas
- Siete tortillas are by far my favorite tortillas. I got the big pack of almond flour ones from Costco, but I also really like their cassava flour tortillas.
- The 5 seasoning I used for the chicken and bell peppers were garlic powder, dried basil. oregano, salt and pepper.
- Red bell pepper
- I roasted my red bell peppers in strips with the chicken. Then used them to make a creamy delicious roasted red pepper sauce.
- Greek yogurt
- I used Greek yogurt to make my sauce extra creamy. If you want to keep this dairy free, use vegan plain yogurt or dairy free milk like oat milk.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Tacos
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1 cup mozzerella cheese
- 6 almond flour tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
Red Pepper sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves
- Start by drizzling the chicken breast with some sun dried tomato oil. Then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Next, slice up the red bell pepper and add it to the baking sheet. Season with more sun dried tomato oil and the same seasonings as the chicken.
- Place the baking sheet into a oven at 375F for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the peppers and chicken are done cooking, shred the chicken. Transfer the bell peppers to a high speed blender. Then add in the garlic, greek yogurt, water, and sun dried tomatoes to the blender. Blend until a smooth sauce forms.
- Now it's time to build the tacos. Heat up the almond flour tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds because it makes it easier to fold. Place some chicken on half the tortilla along with some spinach and mozzarella cheese. Fold the tortilla over the filling and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tacos.
- Bake the tacos at 400F for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove the tacos from the oven and top with the red pepper sauce, avocados, and feta cheese!