I know dumplings might be an intimidating recipe, but I assure you this one is not! These chicken teriyaki dumplings are so easy and require minimal ingredients! Traditional dumpling recipes require a bunch of prep work to incorporate flavor from ingredients like garlic, ginger, and green onion. However, this recipe uses teriyaki sauce to flavor the filling!
I used Primal Kitchens no soy teriyaki sauce, but you can most definitely use your favorite or make some from scratch! I also decided to add some green onion and coleslaw mix to add in some veggies.
How do I store dumplings?
I like to freeze the raw dumplings and take them out as I want to eat them! To prepare frozen dumplings I bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the frozen dumplings for about 8 minutes or until they float. You can also place the frozen dumplings on a skillet with a layer of olive oil and steam for 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
If the dumplings are already cooked place them in an air tight container, and they will last up to 5 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave if you are in a hurry or in the airy fryer to get them crispy!
Key ingredients for these chicken teriyaki dumplings:
- Ground chicken
- Typically I make my own ground chicken by dicing up some chicken breast very finely. However, it is very easy to pick some up from the store!
- Teriyaki sauce
- I used teriyaki sauce from Primal Kitchen! I love this sauce because it is lower in sugar compared to other store bought teriyaki sauces. You can also make a homemade version.
- This is a must for any dumpling or wonton recipe! Always incorporate this to intensify the flavor!
- Green cabbage
- I added this to incorporate some vegetables into this recipe! I tend to have dumplings as a meal on its own so I like to include some kind of veggies.
- Sesame oil
- This is always me oil of choice for dumpling fillings! It adds a delicious deep flavor as well as helps keep the filling juicy.
- White pepper
- The best seasoning to go with dumpling filling.
- Wonton wrappers
- I used circle dumpling wrappers I found at my local Asian market.
Chicken Teriyaki Dumplings
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3 stalks green onion diced
- ½ cup chopped coleslaw mix
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 60-70 wonton wrappers
- In a large bowl mix together the ground chicken, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, and white pepper. Set aside in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge then add in the coleslaw mix and green onions.
- Take one dumpling wrappers and line the top half with water. Then place about a tablespoon in the center of the dumpling wrapper and fold the wrapper over the filling. Seal the wet part of the dumpling wrapper with the dry. Repeat for the rest of the dumplings.
- Pour the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Then place the dumplings on the hot oil. Add about 1 tbsp of water the cover to steam. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- serve with some more teriyaki sauce!