Chicken spring rolls are the perfect recipe for the upcoming warm weather! I love filling these springs rolls with fresh crunchy vegetables and a savory protein source! The salty peanut sauce take the spring rolls to the next level of flavor!
My love for spring rolls came when I made my first one at a Vietnamese restaurant. My parents ordered a giant plate full of chicken, steak, pork, veggies, and rice noodles! Ever since I’ve been making my own, and they are actually super easy, and dare I say better than the restaurants.
I love to stuff my spring rolls with a bunch of different crunchy veggies. When I was walking down the aisle in Trader Joe’s, I came across a cruciferous crunch salad mix that had brussels sprouts, cabbage, and kale in it! I knew I had to incorporate than kind of crunch in my spring roll recipe!
Check out my vegan spring roll recipe!
Key ingredients for there chicken spring rolls:
- I used chicken breast because they have a lower fat content. The results came out delicious, but you can also use chicken thigh or tofu to keep things vegan!
- Rice paper
- You can find rice paper wrappers at almost every grocery store! They are super easy to work with, and they are delicious! All you have to do is dip the rice paper in some hot water and they will get soft and sticky.
- Vermicelli noodles
- Vermicelli noodles adds another level of texture to these spring rolls!
- I definitely recommend crunchy veggies like bell peppers, cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, kale, etc.
- Powdered peanut butter
- I LOVE using powdered peanut butter for my dipping sauces. You can customize the consistency however you like, and I think the flavor pairs a lot better with Asian recipes!
- Soy sauce
- I used soy sauce in many different parts of this recipe like marinating the chicken and seasoning the peanut sauce.
Chicken Spring Rolls With a Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- ½ bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 mini cucumbers cut into strips
- Cruciferous crunch salad mix from Trader Joes or shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 2 oz vermicelli noodles
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 stalk green onion minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter
- 2½ tbsp water
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Crushed peanuts
- Start by marinating the chicken with all the ingredients under the chicken group. Set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables by slicing them into thing strips. Also start boiling a pot of water and cook the vermicelli noodles.
- Once the prep is all done, cook the chicken in a large frying pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- In a large bowl, pour in some boiling water. Take the rice paper and dip the entire piece of rice paper in the hot water. Then lay it on a clean surface.
- Place the chicken, bell peppers, cucumbers, vermicelli noodles, avocado, and cruciferous crunch salad in the middle of the rice paper wrapper. Fold the rice paper over the filling. Fold in the sides then roll over the excess wrapper to seal.
- Prepare the peanut sauce by mixing the peanut butter powder, water and soy sauce. Top with crushed peanut.
- Serve immediately!