This buffalo chicken quesadilla is one of my go to lunch recipes, and it is super easy to make! It only requires 6 simple ingredients that you most likely already have!
The best part about this recipe is that it can be super versatile! I choose to use buffalo sauce, but you can also use barbecue sauce, pizza sauce, or pesto! In addition, you can also you rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or any pre cooked chicken to skip the cooking part!
These quesadillas are perfect for a quick lunch and are great for picky eaters! I definitely recommend making these next time you’re in a time crunch! You can even make a big batch of the chicken filling and have that ready to go when you want to make a quesadilla!
Here are some other quick lunch recipes!
- Chinese Chopped Tofu Salad
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Meatballs
- Sweet Chili Baked Tofu
- Vegan Poke Bowl with Dynamite Sauce
- Easy Homemade Bagel Bites
Key ingredients for this buffalo chicken quesadilla:
- I choose to cook my own chicken breast in a frying pan with buffalo sauce. You can definitely use rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or any pre cooked chicken!
- Buffalo sauce
- This is what makes this recipe so easy! Using bottled sauces is my favorite way to get a meal on the table fast! My favorite sauces are from Primal Kitchen.
- Green onion
- I love the burst of freshness that green onions add. I this it elevates the flavor perfectly!
- I choose to use shredded mozzarella cheese, but feel free to use your favorite!
- I love using almond flour tortillas from Siete! You can totally use flour tortillas as well!
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup buffalo sauce I used primal kitchen
- 1 stalk green onion minced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 almond flour tortillas I used Siete
- Start by heating up a frying pan and pouring in half the buffalo sauce. Once the sauce has heated up, add in the chicken breast. You can cut the chicken breast in half if you would like it to cook faster.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, transfer it to a bowl and shred the chicken with forks. Add in the remaining buffalo sauce, green onion, and cheese. Mix.
- Clean the frying pan, and spray the with avocado oil. Heat the pan to a medium heat. Place one tortilla on the pan and cover it with the chicken mixture. Place another tortilla on top of the chicken.
- Once the bottom tortilla is golden brown flip to the other side, and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with ranch!