I’ve realized that you guys LOVE my dumpling/potsticker recipes, so I’ve decided to take some common foods and turn them into dumpling recipes! Today’s line up are some delicious breakfast potstickers filled with spicy Italian sausage, eggs and hash browns! The great part about this recipes is that you can totally customize what goes in!
Usually I panfry my potstickers but this time I wanted to try to air fry them to get crispiness all the way around! It was also a lot easier to just stick them into the air fryer and let it cook!!
How should I serve and store these?
To sever my breakfast dumplings with a side of salsa and hot sauce! It is definitely a lot better to serve immediately, however, they make great leftovers. To store these, I placed them in an airtight container and they last up to 5 days in the fridge! I also placed some in a Ziploc bag and put them in the freezer! All you need to do to reheat them is stick them in the air fryer for 5-6 minutes!
Other dumpling recipes on my blog!
- Teriyaki chicken dumplings
- Crispy rice paper dumplings
- Veggie filler pork dumplings
- Vegetarian potstickers
- Easy chili oil wontons
Key ingredients for these breakfast potstickers:
- Dumplings wrappers
- Dumplings wrappers are easy to make from scratch but they do take some extra time to do so. That’s why I like to get mine premade. You can find them at any Asian grocer store, or there will be a couple choices in the refrigerated section of a regular grocery store.
- Eggs are a staple breakfast item, however, if you are vegan you can keep it out or sub with a tofu scramble.
- I used a preseasoned hot Italian chicken sausage for my choice in meat. There are so many other options as well like regular breakfast sausage, ham, and impossible sausage.
- Hash browns
- I made my own hash browns by using the shredder tool that came with my food processor. You can also you a handheld mandolin or buy frozen hash browns! If you are making your own don’t forget to rise off the extra starch of else they will not get crispy!
- Other fillings
- Peppers and onions
- Air fryer
- 30 circular dumpling wrappers
- 1 large russet potatoes or 1½ cup frozen hash browns
- 2-3 eggs
- 10 oz hot Italian chicken sausage or any breakfast sausage
- Avocado oil spray
- If you are making your own hash browns, start by shredding your russet potato. I used the shredding tool on my food processor. Then rinse the potatoes to get the extra starch off. Lay the hash browns on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Scramble the eggs and remove from the pan. Then cook the breakfast sausage and once that is done remove it from the pan. finally pan fry the hash browns with some spray avocado oil. You can do these all in different pans to speed up the cooking process.
- Get the circular dumpling wrappers and line the edges with water. Place about a tablespoon of the filling in the center of the wrapper, fold the wrapper over the filling, and pinch the edged together.
- Place the dumplings in the air fryer and spray with avocado oil. Air fry at 350F for 5 minutes.
- Serve with some salsa and guacamole!