This blueberry crumble banana bread is healthy, vegan, and completely gluten free. One of my all time favorite flavor combinations for banana bread is blueberry banana bread! These bars makes the perfect on the go breakfast or snack option for any occasion.
Ripe bananas are probably one of my favorite ingredients to use for baking because they are so sweet and healthy! I’ve made a ton of banana bread throughout my years of baking, so I wanted to spice things up this time and make a new flavor! I had some frozen blueberries sitting at the bottom of my freezer, and I knew this was the perfect time to use them!
I also wanted to add a sweet crunch, and the crumble topping was the perfect addition! The crumble was super easy to make and it got super crisp while baking!
Here are some other recipes using ripe bananas:
- Vegan Banana Cream Pie
- Coconut Raspberry Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Cookies
- Healthy Single Serve Banana Bread
Key ingredients for blueberry crumble banana bread:
- I definitely recommend using a banana that has brown spots on the skin, because they are sweeter and easier to mash! Since this recipe has no added the sugar you want to maximize the sweetness you get from the banana!
- Oat flour
- I usually just bled up some old fashioned oats because it is way cheaper than buying some oat flour at the store! If you do blend them up make sure it is a pretty fine power. I like to use gluten free oats from Bob’s Red Mill.
- Maple syrup
- I love using maple syrup as a sweetener because it helps bind the cookies together. Agave nectar and honey will work well too.
- Almond butter
- The almond butter is an important ingredient to help everything stay moist while baking! I subbed most of the oil for almond butter because I like the flavor, and it is a lot more nutrient filled.
- Frozen Blueberries
- I like using frozen blueberries because they are easier to mix in with the batter. I find fresh blueberries like to explode their juices while mixing.
Blueberry Crumble Banana Bread
- 1⅔ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp softened vegan butter
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl mash up the 2 ripe bananas with a fork or electric hand mixer. Then add in the almond butter, maple syrup, and vegan butter. Whisk to combine.
- Next fold in the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Make the crumble by folding the oat flour, oats, butter, almond butter, and coconut sugar together.
- Transfer the batter to a lined loaf pan and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when you stick it into the loaf.