This beef and broccoli stir fry comes together is less than 25 minuets and it is super flavorful! There is seriously nothing better than an easy Chinese recipe that is perfect for a week night dinner!
I decided to use ground beef because it cooks much faster and you don’t have to be as cautious with the cooking time. There is also no prep involved with ground beef which speeds up the whole process.
Stir fries are probably one of the easiest recipes to make because you throw a bunch of stuff it a pot and cook it until it’s ready. I love incorporating a bunch of veggies and a source of protein. This beef and broccoli recipe is extra easy because it only uses one veggie and one protein source.
Key Ingredients for this beef and broccoli stir fry:
- Ground beef
- I used 85% 15% ground beef. It make it super easy and fast to make this stir fry since ground beef takes less time to cook.
- This recipe is so great because it incorporates one of my favorite vegetables. I gave them a rough chop to get rid of any giant pieces.
- Soy sauce
- This is the main flavor component for this recipe! I used low sodium so I could control the sodium level!
- Sambal oelek
- This adds a bit of spice. Leave it out if you don’t want it to be spicy!
- Green onion, garlic, ginger
- These three ingredients are essential in Chinese cooking. You them for sauces, stir fry’s, dumplings, and more!
- I used traditional Chinese lo mein noodles, but any noodles like glass noodles, spaghetti, or rice noodles will work!
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 4-5 oz ground beef
- 2 cups raw broccoli roughly chopped
- 4 oz Chinese lo mein noodles
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 stalk green onion diced
- ¼ tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- Start by bringing a pot of water up to a boil.
- In the mean time, prepare the green onion, garlic, ginger, and broccoli.
- Heat up a deep frying pan or wok and add in the olive oil. Saute the green onion, garlic, and ginger until fragrant. Then add in the ground beef. Seasons with soy sauce, salt, white pepper, and sambal oelek. Add in the water if the sauce is too dry.
- Let the beef and broccoli simmer, and cook the noodles in the meantime.
- Once the noodles are done, plate it in a bowl. Then top with the beef and broccoli mixture!