Fall is finally here and I’m excited to make tons of recipes using apples! The first one of the season is a traditional baked oats recipe but with an apple crisp spin! Apple crisp baked oats is the perfect start to the morning or follow a meal as dessert!
Baked oats are definitely my favorite way to start my day. To me, it is basically like eating cake for breakfast! I like to have a gooey center, and some claim to say it’s not cooked all the way, but since nothing is raw it’s perfectly good to eat when it is extra gooey!
Instead of adding sugar to the recipe I decided to blend in some cooked apples to add in some natural sweetness and apple flavor. I like to serve this with a drizzle of peanut butter!
I have many more baked oats recipe on my blog that are just as amazing!
Key ingredients for apple crisp baked oats:
- Gluten free oats
- I like to make my oat flour at home by blending up some gluten free oats. Just make sure that the out flour is very fine.
- Almond milk
- Use your favorite plant milk! Make sure it is sugar free, because some plant milks can load up with sugar!
- Baking powder
- This helps the oats get a nice cake like texture.
- Honey crisp apples
- I used the apple as the main sweetener for this baked oats recipe. I love that this recipe has no added sugar (if you omit the maple syrup drizzle), but it still tastes sweet! The rest of the apple cubes were used as a topping to make it pretty!
- Definitely need some of this for any apple crisp recipe!
Apple Crisp Baked Oats
- ½ diced honey crisp apple
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Diced apple chunks
- Rolled oats
- Start by dicing up the honey crisp apples into small chunks. Take half the apple chunks and microwave them for 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
- In a high speed blender, throw in all the ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Grease a baking pan or oven safe bowl and pour in the batter.
- Top with some oats, diced apples, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.