This recipe might just be your new favorite snack recipe. It is super easy, and it only requires 4 ingredients! I think this recipes took me a total of 10 minutes to make and even less time to devour. These Cheerio bars taste the best when they are cold, so I like to store them in the freezer. You can also wrap these up individually to prep for an easy on the go snack. I know kids will love this recipe (as well as full grown adults)! The extra chocolate drizzle on top really is the cherry on top!
I chose to use some good old peanut butter, but if you have a peanut allergy almond butter or sun butter will make a great substitute. For the Cheerios, I used a gluten free and vegan kind from Lovebird Cereal! I love their cereals because they taste like actual cereal even though they are gluten free. I honestly prefer these over normal cereal now! They have 3 different flavors, and they are all delicious!
Key ingredients for these Cheerio Bars
- Peanut butter
- This is the main binding ingredient in this recipe. I suggest using any nut or seed butter you like the best! My favorite is definitely peanut butter.
- Maple Syrup
- I love using maple syrup as my liquid sweetener. I would not recommend any granulated sweetener because the stickiness of the syrup helps bind the bars together. Honey and agave are great substitutes here.
- Lovebird Cereal
- This is by far my favorite gluten and grain free cereal brand. All their cereal is delicious but I would suggest using the unsweetened kind, since the sweetness comes from the maple syrup in this recipe.
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Drizzling chocolate on the top is the best part about these bars. Who doesn’t love chocolate? You can also layer the top full of chocolate to make it a more indulgent treat!
4 Ingredient Cheerio Bars
- 3 cups Lovebird's unsweetened cereal
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegan dark chocolate I used Lily's
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your peanut butter and maple syrup. Whisk those together until it is well combined.
- Now add your Lovebird's cereal and fold that in carefully, trying not to break too many of the circles.
- Press the mixture in a 8×8 baking pan.
- Drizzle on some vegan dark chocolate, and then place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- I like to store these in the freezer, because they taste so much better cold!